Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pushpins and Pencils

In all honesty, I spent the first three weeks of freedom from retail catching up on the first six season of How I Met Your Mother.  Netflix is a blessing and a curse.  Today I was much more productive(not that it would be hard to be more productive than growing to love the HIMYM gang).  I updated my mantle and started an installation on the wall over my ugly sofa.




The elephant photo was taken by my friend Katie on safari and it's in a spray painted frame from Goodwill. 




I'm not in love with the giraffe drawing yet, but I am pretty pleased with the chevron mat around it. It's just pencil on mat board. 


                                                  Photo: Christine of CityPix via Curbly


I saw this post for inexpensive wall art over at Curbly last summer and I've been wanting to try it ever since.  I'm not quite finished with it yet, but I ran out of cupcake liners and was too excited not to take of picture of my progress.




That delightfully hideous floral sofa is next week's big project.  I'm going to paint it! We'll see how that turns out.

3 comments:

  1. Paint a sofa? how did that turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The installation looks great! It's going to look fabulous when its done.

    And OH my gosh that couch is perfect for a face-lift. The shape is so fabulous! I've secretly been dying to try painting upholstery but can't quite convince the husband yet. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please can you give me more ideas to do it??!!
    Thanks
    maria Teresa from Italy

    ReplyDelete